Will eJournity Divulge My Information?
eJournity will not sell, lease, rent, loan, trade, give or barter any identifiable information about you. We may use or share generic information to improve our business and provide a better Service. These types of unidentifiable information may include numbers of our Members who are women or men, the number of Members who hail from a particular country, state or city, the age distribution of our Members, etc.
1. Information Collection and Use
What Information does eJournity Collect About Its Members? Why is this Information Collected?
- Initially, just to open your Trial Memebrship account, we require very little information: Your username, email address, and contact preferences. Your ID is accessible by us, but your password is not – both of which are required among the first steps of initial registration. This information lets us create your account, provide you with personalized access to your account, and deliver and support the Service. This information also helps us communicate with you about your use of the Service, respond to your requests for assistance, such as providing assistance to you in the event you are having a problem doing what you are trying to do in the site, providing account verification support if you’re having difficultly accessing your account, and send you the latest developments at eJournity, and periodically send special offers. For more information, please see the section below entitled, “Will eJournity Send Me Emails?
- When you register to becomea Member, we require your phone number, city, Sate, and country, gender, and birthdate.
- The payment information you provide to complete the payment of Membership subscription fees when you join is necessary to affect payment. This information is used by us only to enable and fulfill your transaction, and held in a secure account for renewal purposes
- The geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices (as indicated by an IP address or similar identifier). We collect this information to for security purposes.
eJournity’s web site and applications also collect and receive information from your computer or mobile device, including whether access your account, the type of hardware and software you are using (operating system or browser), and user information obtained from cookies.
When you access the eJournity, that application will request access to certain information on your computing device. Gathering this kind of information helps us administer the Service, provide convenient and personalized user access, improve the features and usability of our Service, analyze user trends and information about Members’ use of our Service, collect information about use and growth of the Service in specific regions, and evaluate the content and organization of our site.
Information Collected From Children?
eJournity complies with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), which requires us to notify and obtain consent from a parent or guardian before we collect, use and disclose the personal information of children who are under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age without such consent and, if we learn that we have inadvertently done so, we will promptly delete it. In any case, the minimum age for Membership in eJournity is 14.
Will eJournity Send Me Emails?
Will eJournity Send Me SMS Messages?
2. Information Access and Disclosure
Does eJournity Share My Personal Information or Content?
EJournity is not in the business of selling or renting or sharing any infoirmation about our Members. Period. We only disclose what little information we have you when:
- We have your explicit consent to share information you request we share.
- We determine it is required to comply with applicable laws, including compliance with warrants, court orders or other legal process.
- Having said all that, except for your registration infirmation, we have no access to your content. in any case, and cannot read it.
Does eJournity Review My Private Space, Also Referred to as the Vault?
eJournity employees do not monitor, filter, or view your personal information or Content stored in the Service. Our Customer Service people do not have access to your Content. In fact, by design, no one in or out of eJournity can access your material. It is private, and only you can access it.
Does eJournity Ever Make Any of My Personal Information or Content Public?
No. We do have any control over your Content (except as described elsewhere). Certainly no control that would allow us make your Content public or private.
3. Data Storage and Transfer
Where Is My Data Stored?
Our servers are located in various Western countries with strong privacy laws. Our main server is located in Montreal, Canada. If you post information to the eJournity sites you are confirming your consent to such information, including Personal Information and Content, being hosted and accessed in Canada, and other Western countries.
How Can I Access or Correct Information eJournity Holds About Me?
Your information is accessible to you via your profile. Users who wish to correct or delete their Personal Information should simply edit their profile.
What Happens If I Want to Stop Using eJournity?
You can delete Content you have posted to any or all portions of our Member’s Area at any time, and you can stop using eJournity at any time. Residual copies of your deleted Content may continue to exist on the eJournity's back-up and archiving systems for some period of time due to the nature of those systems’ operations. If you cancel your account, the Content in your account will be deleted after 45 days, so if you want the Content deleted faster, you must do so yourself. But, in any case, no one can access your content even after you are no longer a Member.
What Happens If eJournity Closes My Account?
If eJournity closes your Service account due to a Terms of Service violation, then you may contact eJournity to request additional time to remove your content. Granting of extension solely at the pleasure of eJournity. In any case, extensions, if granted, can only granted for 7 days from the date of account closure. No other extentions is granted.. .
Free trial accounts that have filled their 30 day trial period, and were not renewed will be cancelled, and all content deleted.
5. Contact Us
How Can I Contact eJournity?
Delray Beach, FL 33445 USA
Attention: General Counsel